- Patient Issues
- Support Us
Kathleen Brandfass, MS PT
- Physical Therapist
- Director of Neuro, Vestibular and Geriatric Outpatient Services
- UPMC /Centers for Rehab Services
By evaluating each patient’s joint range of motion, strength, and general mobility skills, physical therapists can provide guidance for such tasks as walking or getting out of a chair. They specialize in:
- Improving function and balance and providing instruction on managing physical disabilities.
- Recommending appropriate exercises to maintain flexibility, while preventing and reducing pain.
- Providing instruction regarding the use of assistive devices, braces, or other mobility aids to maximize independence.